* This workshop is for PhD students and post-doctoral fellows *
Facilitator: Mark Franklin, Practice Leader, Career Cycles & APS1030 Instructor, ILead
This highly interactive group discovery experience sparks meaningful conversation and helps participants connect the dots in their professional and personal lives. By playing a fun and social game with other like-minded PhD students and post-docs, participants identify unique strengths and desires, learn from others, recognize who and what influences them, and gain valuable feedback to make well-informed career and life choices.
Your takeaways include:
- Clarity into your unique strengths, influences, and what’s most important to you
- Your own Career Statement, in positive, professional vocabulary to strengthen your voice
- Clear steps to answer your important ‘what next?’ questions
- A fun, meaningful event through positive interaction with like-minded individuals
About Mark Franklin:
The event will be facilitated by Mark Franklin, MEd, PEng, practice leader of CareerCycles.com, co-founder of OneLifeTools.com, and instructor of ILead’s course, Engineering Careers: Theories & Strategies to Manage your Career for the Future (APS1030). Mark has over 10 years’ experience as a career professional and was the 2015 winner of the Canadian Career Development Foundation’s prestigious Stu Conger Award for Leadership.