- This event has passed.
The OPTIONS Program – Applications Due!
September 23, 2019 @ 5:00 pm
The OPTIONS Program is an initiative to support all engineering graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in exploring diverse career options.
Take a deep dive into career management and join a supportive community of like-minded graduate students and post-doctoral fellows exploring career possibilities. The Cohort Program is a ten week, non-credit program facilitated by faculty and professional development experts. The program provides:
- Ten, two-hour sessions that create a structured career exploration experience
- Two career management tools to develop an individualized, career plan
- A one-on-one, 30 min meeting with a career coach (optional)
- A one-on-one, 30 min meeting with an engineering professor (optional)
- Personalized feedback on your resume, cover letter, and interview skills
- A mechanism to establish at least one alumni contact in a field of interest
The program will take place on Wednesdays from 1 – 3 pm from October 2 to December 4. See the full schedule here.
- U of T Engineering PhD students (completed qualifying and/or comprehensive exams) or post-doctoral fellow
- Strong interest in developing personal and professional skills beyond research and technical knowledge
- Curious about career exploration
- Eager to participate in group discussions
- Willingness to support peers’ career preparation
Applications are due Monday September 23 at 5 pm.
The OPTIONS program is designed as an integrated sequence of sessions, and participants will benefit most by attending all ten sessions. We expect participants to attend at least eight out of ten sessions. To ensure commitment, participants must submit a $100 deposit. The deposit will be returned on the tenth session provided that the participant attends eight sessions (arriving late or leaving early will count as a missed session). No participant will be turned away due to finances. Please contact Teresa Didiano, Special Programs Coordinator, Troost ILead (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.