How to Make the Most of Your Post-doctoral Fellowship at U of T
September 24 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
The OPTIONS Program
The OPTIONS Program is an initiative to support all engineering graduate students and post-doctoral fellows in exploring diverse career options.
Learn more here: http://uoft.me/optionsprogram
Date: Thursday September 24, 2020
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 pm EST
September 21 to 25, 2020 is National Post-doc Appreciation Week! In recognition of the significant contributions post-doctoral fellows are making to research and the engineering Faculty’s community, we are hosting a panel specifically for you! Join us for an in-depth conversation on how to make the most of your post-doctoral fellowship. Hear from post-doctoral alumni who are working in academia and industry about how to effectively lead your research projects (including remote research and collaborations), plan for your career after your fellowship, and approaches to balance work and family responsibilities. You will leave this session with strategies and tips to succeed in your post-doctoral fellowship, and avoid common mistakes and pitfalls.
Moderator: Jonathan Turner, Institutional Strategic Initiatives Officer, Division of the Vice-President, Research & Innovation
Special Guest: Lisa Haley, Senior Advisor & Manager, Program Completion and Postdoctoral Services, School of Graduate Studies
- Houman Savoji, Assistant Professor, University of Montreal (PDF 2017 – 2019)
- Nadine Ibrahim, Lecturer, University of Waterloo (PDF 2015 – 2018)
- Silvia Elizabeth Zarate Muñoz, Associate Scientist, Research & Development, Biolab Pharma (PDF 2016 – 2017)
- Suzie Dufour, Solutions Manager, National Optics Institute (PDF 2012 – 2015)
- Vicky Young, Manager Furniture & Equipment, Sinai Health System (PDF 2016 – 2018)
Learn more about the panelists here.